01 March 2009

The season that never ended


I LOVE basketball season. I especially love watching my kids play. I love watching them develop into better players. I love rooting for them. I get loud, but hopefully not obnoxious. Both Kiersten and Erik played Jr. Jazz basketball this year, and unlike last year had a tournament at the end. Kiersten's team (the Celtics) was defeated in the last game of the season which was technically the first round of the tournament, but Erik's team (the Hawks) surprised us all as they advanced game to game. It's been a week of basketball every night including practices at our house.

The second play off game was against a team they had played before and lost to. It was intense with Erik's team winning by one point. Erik led with 12 of his team's 22 points including the basket that put them ahead for the win.

The third game was against a team that had yet to play a tournament game. How they made it to the third round I'll never know. We pulled off a win there and advanced to the fourth round opposite a team that later went on to win it all. During the first half Erik's team really stood a chance of possibly winning. The second half wasn't so great.

I was pleased with how well his team played, making it to the final four. I have mixed emotions right now . . . I'm excited to have my Saturday mornings back, but I will miss being the cheerleader at basketball games, not only for my kids but the entire team.

2 comments:

mommaquincy said...

I know the feeling! Enjoy your free Saturdays, I'm sure there will be soccer or some other sport to fill them soon!
Congrats to Erik and Kiersten!

courtnee said...

Missy,
We are in the same boat it seems that we worship the sport God too. Ha! Anyway it is fun and I too like watching my kids-4 played this year. Tai has been on a traveling team too. Lots of fun b-ball. I noticed your books you are reading I have been reading Rough Stone Rolling off and on for the last year, very informative.Let me know what you think?
Courtnee