13 March 2009

My greatest birthday wish

Isn't every mother's wish to have her family together? I know mine is. And I couldn't have imagined a better birthday present than to be able to take my children to the temple.
The Draper Temple open house.
And we did.
In a huge snowstorm.
That doesn't normally happen in March.

What was supposed to be a much shorter drive took longer and I was a little anxious and sure we wouldn't make it on time since our session was the last of the day. I will admit that I had several thoughts along the way that maybe we should just forgo this expedition and try and make it to the Oquirrh Hills Temple open house in June. But we pressed on and I'm so glad we did. The peace that came over me was wonderful. I will never forget the feeling I had as Tyler and I and our children stood in the celestial room soaking in the grandeur of the room. I got a tiny glimpse of heaven that day as I imagined that this is really what HEAVEN is like, surrounded by family, never to be separated.

Later that evening as the kids and I knelt down for family prayer, I made them all promise me that someday we would all make it back to the temple.
Together.
As a family.
Just like any mother could hope for.

2 comments:

mommaquincy said...

Sounds like the best kind of goal to have! Sorry I missed your birthday! We were so distracted with the grandkids in town!

Erika Ellis said...

Chris was right, this is an awesome blog. Thanks. I'd write more....but I must read on....