30 November 2008

My Grandpa

Glenn Ellis Seamons

I'm THANKFUL to have know him a little and GRATEFUL to know that I can continue to build that relationship in the hereafter. This past Thanksgiving while I was spending time at home with my siblings, we got out an old videotape. The tape contained footage of us when we were younger, recorded with my dad's "state of the art" equipment. We had some good laughs, but I was most touched when my grandpa came on the screen for a second or two. I don't have many memories of him because he died when I was 8 and he was only 55. I felt badly that some of my younger siblings didn't know him at all.

One memory I do have is of the times I would head up the hill from grandma's house to grandpa's mechanic shop. I would often find him there working on cars (a talent and skill my dad inherited from him). He ALWAYS stopped whatever he was doing to talk to me and give me a lemon drop or two before I headed back down the hill.

I miss him and wished I had a lifetime to get to know him. For that reason I am very grateful to Jesus Christ and his sacrifice to overcome death so that I will someday be able to see and talk with my grandpa again.
 

No comments: