06 July 2020

Missionary Emails June 22 and 29

June 22
Hey sorry for the late email. This week was fairly productive. Our one investigator canceled both our lessons though. But she's doing good and has been reading the Book of Mormon. We also got a new ward mission leader and had a great meeting where we planned out how we're going to help the members do missionary work and hopefully get us some new people to talk to. 

Also today we had a cool miracle. Right as I was leaving to go pick up a pork shoulder and some other food from the store, a member showed up to our house with a bunch of food, including a pork shoulder. What are the odds of that? Crazy. 

Also today a bug crawled into my shirt without me realizing while I was driving, then I felt something and squished it and got guts all over my shirt. I thought it was a wasp and I was freaking out, so I pulled over and got out. Turns out it was a grasshopper. Don't know how it got in my shirt but I was freaking out. Scariest moment of my mission. 



Anyway, that was about it for the week. We also found a super dope park next to our place so I'll be going to play ball there for exercise a lot. That'll probably be good. I'll get some vitamin D in me. We have high hopes for this week. 


June 29
TRIO LIFE

This is gonna be a short email. We have transfers tomorrow and we're getting a third companion. He was serving in Brazil I think and just got reassigned here. It will be good to have a third person with us to give us some fire. 

Today we get to go to the beach. That always puts us in a good mood for a bit. It's going to be Elder Duarte's first beach pday in 18 months. I'll send some pictures later. 






No comments: