18 April 2020

I'm Now In Deltona, Not Like That Matters

I totally forgot it was Monday until 15 minutes ago. Every day is the same. Anyway, here's an update from me. 

So the big event for this week was that I got transferred to Deltona. That happened last Tuesday. I still don't know a single member other than having a phone conversation with a few people. 

We have a lady named Barbara that wants to get baptized but has some word of wisdom issues she is overcoming first. We need to start meeting with her more and make sure that she gets all the support she needs right now, and hopefully we can help her get baptized within the transfer. We set up a meeting with her for today, and the plan is to make a schedule and figure out a time line for when she can be prepared for baptism. So there's the good news for the week. If you could include her in your prayers I would appreciate it. This is a hard time to try and get baptized. It's also hard to overcome challenges all by yourself. 

The other positive thing is that we have a house. It's a 3 bed, 2 bath and it has a yard. There's a master bathroom with a walk-in shower and walk-in closets that Elder Franz let me have. He claims he was just to lazy to move his stuff from one bathroom to the other, but he was actually just being nice and letting me have it. I'm living the life of luxury. 

You're probably wondering what I actually do with my time. This week I spent probably fifteen hours cleaning the house up, I spend an hour or two a day studying, I work out for thirty minutes a day, and spend a lot of time talking to people on Facebook and messenger. We also spend a decent amount of time playing board games, watching church movies, and going on bike rides. We are hoping to make some adjustments and start having more video lessons with investigators, and we are going to start having dinner appointments again. We will eat our dinner here and they will eat theirs at their house and we will video call and then share a message at the end. I think it will be fun and allow me to meet some of the members. 

No comments: