24 February 2020

Bulgogi

This week highlights a lot of struggles we have as missionaries. We didn't have too many good things happen. Sometimes we have those weeks, but that's OK! We have some good things coming this week. I did have some bulgogi though! So that made it a little better.

We didn't have a single lesson this week. I think ten lessons fell through in total. People are not very good at setting an appointment and then keeping it. I'm not sure why. It's something we need to know how to handle though because it happens daily. This week I'm going to be very bold setting appointments with people and tell them straight up that "our time is important and your time is important, so let's not waste each other's time. If we are going to set an appointment let's keep it." Hopefully we will get some more solid appointments, and if they don't set an appointment then, then they probably aren't worth teaching.

I had some amazing bulgogi this week. Bulgogi is one of my favorite foods. It's a Korean dish that I had on special occasions growing up, and there is a Korean member here to took us to get some this week. It was super good and reminded me of home.

Even though it was hard to see them for me this week, I know that miracles still happen today. God is a God of miracles. He has a hand in all parts of our lives. 


Moroni 7:27-29 
"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased because Christ hath ascended into heaven, and hath sat down on the right hand of God, to claim of the Father his rights of mercy which he hath upon the children of men? 28 For he hath answered the ends of the law, and he claimeth all those who have faith in him; and they who have faith in him will cleave unto every good thing; wherefore he advocateth the cause of the children of men; and he dwelleth eternally in the heavens. 29 And because he hath done this, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither have angels ceased to minister unto the children of men."

I know that as we have faith and do our best to act on our faith, miracles will happen in our lives. If we have faith that we can do missionary work and we do the work necessary and try our best, miracles will happen and the Lord will bless you. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 

No comments: