09 November 2019

The work is moving forward

This week was pretty hectic. We had exchanges, zone conference, service and plenty of miracles. Busy is great though. Everything this week went perfect and I was able to learn a lot. 
    
So Tuesday and Wednesday we had lots of lessons. Some notable ones were with Cameron and with Lynn. Cameron is a 9 year old who is probably going to get baptized in the next couple weeks. He just needed a better understanding of repentance, so we did an object lesson where we drew something with erasable ink and then we used a lighter to heat it, which erases it. The heat represented repentance, and how repentance can remove our sins. It went really well and he understands it now. 
     
We also had a long lesson with Lynn. She is working towards getting rebaptized but needs more faith that it will actually happen. She could use some prayers. 
    
Thursday was zone conference. We had a lot of great trainings and thoughts. They talked about light the world coming up, they introduced Facebook to the rest of the mission, which means I'm no longer special, and they taught us how to plan better. Plus I got a flu shot. Yay. 
   
That same day, right after zone conference, we did exchanges with the Spanish elders. I got to go with Elder Orantes. We had a great time. I got to practice a lot of my Spanish with him and we got some great food from the Spanish members. I love mexican food. More importantly, though, I think we both learned a lot about planning during our exchange. We had a huge planning session for each of their investigators. Even without any prior knowledge of any of their situations, I was able to help him plan out all the steps each of their investigators need to take to progress, along with when and how we will help them take those steps. It was super effective using the new planning guidelines they have given us which are more people focused than schedule focused. Hopefully they will be able to make those steps and get closer to baptism and conversion. 
    
On Saturday we got to spend almost a whole day working on a ranch. I didn't even have to put on a white shirt that day! We got to help with a lot of cleanup, organizing, and taking care of the animals. I got some cool pics of the animals, which I'll throw in at the bottom. Service ended with a big pot roast dinner and brownies. I am blessed, wow. 
The last miracle for the week was yesterday. We had 4 investigators show up to church, and 2 of them were new. We had an 18 year old girl named Amber come. She really enjoyed it and is starting to progress. We are really excited for her. 

Mark also came again. He has been coming every week since we found him a little over a month ago. He loves coming, but doesn't really care much for the doctrine. He just needs a good church. We didn't really picture him progressing until this week. While I was gone on exchanges, the elders here decided to send him the conference talk from Elder Vincent about being fair dinkum. He responded an hour later with a huge message where he really opened up to us about his life and his struggles. Long story short he is fair dinkum now and wants to be baptized. He said he knew that man was called by God and that he was ready to be baptized. Huge miracle for us. 
  
Anyway, I think this has been one of my longer emails. Hopefully you made it to here. I hope all of your weeks go well. Please pray for my investigators. They are all going through trials and could use some help. Let me know how I can help you. Thank you all for all your support. I'll talk to you next week.

No comments: