08 July 2018

Mission call

Did I leave you  hanging?


Orlando Florida!

He was pretty excited. Especially to be going somewhere warm. Here's a link to the video we recorded. His first question to me was "Do you think I can bring my tennis racket?"

Um . . . 

No.

Scott, Kaleb, Erik, Matt


Josiah, Erik


But maybe he might find some people who like to play tennis and who might be interested in learning more about Jesus Christ. I'm sure he could find a way to make it work to his advantage.

Erik's home teaching companion stopped by to congratulate him. James McConnell has been instrumental in getting that kid to where he is today. And another is our awesome bishop who is sadly getting released next Sunday.
James McConnell, Erik
Bishop Steinagel in the suit
My heart was extremely full last week as I bore testimony in our ward to the power that comes from serving faithfully in the temple and upholding those covenants I made with God many, many years ago. There is tremendous priesthood power with great saving promises to those who consecrate their life to a God who loves us all beyond comprehension.

The other great truth I bore witness to was the goodness of our ward in helping me raise children to know a Father in Heaven who loves them. I knew many years ago when nothing seemed to work out with buying a lot in Stansbury that Lake Point was where our family needed to be. The way things fell into place was a sure witness of that fact. My family has been the recipients of so many good things. We have been blessed immeasurably by the goodness of others, by their sacrifice of time and resources and have been so loved and cared for. I can't help but want to do the same and pay it forward to others.

No comments: