19 November 2017

Wonder Woman

"I used to want to save the world. To end war and bring peace to mankind. But then, I glimpsed the darkness that lives within their light. I learned that inside every one of them, there will always be both. The choice each must make for themselves - something no hero will ever defeat. I've touched the darkness that lives in between the light. Seen the worst of this world, and the best. Seen the terrible things men do to each other in the name of hatred, and the lengths they'll go to for love. Now I know. Only love can save this world. So I stay. I fight, and I give... for the world I know can be. This is my mission, now. Forever."

My family can attest that I am no movie critic. I rarely make it through any movie. Except Mamma Mia and now Wonder Woman. The more I watch it, the more I really like it (and if I could, I'd remake it and take out a few unnecessary scenes to make it even more fabulous). It's just different than the other super hero movies.

I've now watched it 3.3 times since July and every time it gives me the chills, especially the scene where she removes her cloak, climbs out of the trench hole clothed in armor, and marches toward the enemy, leading the way for her comrades.

Diana was blessed with super powers to help save and heal a world. Despite having these innate abilities, she still had to train hard and improve those skills. There was work and effort involved. Gradually her life mission came into focus. I believe we all have been born with certain abilities and talents, super powers if you will, that can help bless the lives of those in our little part of the world and help us in our own life's mission.

Are we going to let them lie dormant or are we willing to turn off our screens, get off the couch, and put in some effort to magnify them in order to make this world of ours a better place to be? 

Do we hunker down in our comfortableness when we ought to climb out and engage?

Diana was not content to remain in the safety of her home or foxhole and neither should we. Comfortable and content is easy. Putting our gifts to work is hard. Sacrifice is hard. Service is hard.

Everyone has a part to play in the grand scheme of things and God has not left us alone. My patriarchal blessing has been one of the greatest tools I have in knowing who I am and the "super powers" I've been blessed with.

"You are stronger than you believe. You have greater powers than you know."

No comments: