17 September 2017

Tarantula sighting

Well, the myth that we have tarantulas in the foothills has been debunked*. Erik caught one about a mile from our house and I made sure he released it at least 3 miles from where we live. 

*Apparently I used this word the wrong way. I guess I should have said that the myth has been proven true. It wasn't an exaggerated myth, just a myth since we hadn't seen any tarantulas yet even though we had heard they were around.

As he shoved the bag with it in the van full of girls I was taking home from young womens, we screamed and squirmed. I never want to see anything like it again.

And I thought our wolf spiders were on steroids.


Hmmmm. Maybe they were. I think the scale is all wrong in the photo above. Or maybe our wolf spiders really were that big. Too bad I didn't think to put a lighter next to our one-hour-rent-a-pet-tarantula. Anyhoo, I know I really don't like big, hairy, eight-legged creatures.

No comments: