12 September 2016

Another chance at a dance date

Erik finally succumbed to our pleadings and is headed to Homecoming, his first actual dance. The lucky girl got a pizza delivered to her door with Erik dressed in his pizza delivery uniform from Hometown Pizza. Oh, did we have fun concocting how he would ask her.



What's happening in my yard
Our peaches are sooooooo close to being fully ripe. My dad tried to pawn some of his off on me last week and I had to decline. We are overloaded this year. The fruity peach smell in our little orchard is simply divine. I've picked them as they've fallen and picked a few off the trees to make peach pie filling, dried peaches, peach cobbler, and fruit leather, but the majority are going to ripen this week I believe.

These are the days of . . . 
*Cooler fall temperatures that allow me the luxury of leaving windows open at night. Ash simply doesn't appreciate it and complains most mornings about it being too cold. I don't know . . . 68 or 69 doesn't seem terribly cool when I know it's going to warm up during the day.

*Lake Point Days race. Alex begged me to sign him up for a race at the beginning of the summer. I hesitated, not knowing if we'd be around for Lake Point Days since it fell over our traditional Ferron Peach Days weekend. He ran well and loved it.

Erik smack-talked Nate all year, telling him how he was going to beat him. Erik ran well, but didn't come close to Nate who gave it his all at the end to come in 2nd.

I can't believe this is the same kid from 7 years ago. I think his form has improved a little.

Nate actually had time to walk back a 100 yards and run with Erik when he came around the corner.

Ash also took home a medal for being the only teenage girl to race, even though she's not even 12 yet.



*Early morning orchestra. Thankfully, we are only driving to the jr. high two times a week instead of three.

*Football games have taken over our life again. It's kind of like school. I love it when they start. They seem to signal the beginning sweater and soup weather. But, man do I celebrate the Superbowl because it means the death of football for another season, and I couldn't be happier.

No comments: