11 March 2015

Take two


Yep. My mixer did it again. I obviously make too much bread and cookies. Instead of freaking out at the price tag of a new one, I ordered the worm gear from Amazon and it showed up a day later and I don't even have prime.

Taking the whole machine apart and replacing the gear was much quicker this go around. HOWEVER . . . 

the last little thing that needed to be put on just wouldn't cooperate. I could not get the holes to line up to put the pin in no matter what I did. Tyler tried. Nephew Scott tried. After consuming several hours of my Friday night, we decided to leave the washer out just so the holes would line up. That photo above was obviously taken before I lost two hours of my life. There was no smiling at the end.

I did a little preemptive buying and purchased a second worm gear for when it fails next March. 'Cause you know it will. We're just that kind of family who loves their dough.

No comments: