15 February 2015

February, so far

I really should back up to January, but I'm moving forward. Ash and Nate both were part of a Lego League team that Gwen put together -- The Robotic Peacocks. I've always loved the Lego teams my kids have been a part of. They learn about teamwork, commitment, dedication, strengths, weaknesses, and a whole myriad of other character building traits in addition to learning how to program and make robots perform how they'd like them to.
Photo courtesy of Jerry Winters
Photo courtesy of Jerry Winters
Photo courtesy of Jerry Winters





I also love the fact that they love each other.

This winter has been unseasonably warm. Like 60, almost 70 degrees some days. It's been warm enough that Alex decided to throw on his swim suit and try out the stream. This was February 7th and we should have several inches of snow on the ground.

Nate's science fair project made it to the district level which made for a few crazy days as I shuttled him back and forth to the Community Learning Center in Tooele. Unfortunately, his project was not chosen to go on. I love seeing my kids excel at different things but sometimes I'm frankly quite relieved to not have one more event to go to.

Ash and her friend Allie decided to try out their brave and tackle a steep decline on their bikes.

Actually, Allie backed out and Ash went ahead without her and used her face for brakes as she hit a rock and tumbled. She's been miserable for a few days.


Valentines arrived and our kitchen became heart-attack grand central.

There was one particular Valentine that became War of the Mothers. I secretly hope I'm one of those warring mothers whose vying for Best Mom in the World. :)


No comments: