07 February 2015

Driving permit

Yep, she finally buckled down and studied a little and passed that driving test to get her permit.

I honestly don't know how my mom and dad coped with six drivers. I can barely handle one. I don't know if my heart can take four more.

Maybe because I was never a very good driver and here's proof.

The photo is very poor quality, but you can kind of see the sad shape my face is in. I tried to take a corner too fast on a road that was recently re-graveled and spun out and ended up in a ditch. I tried backing out but had high-centered the car. The neighbors on the corner saw the whole thing and helped me into their house to clean me up and then took me home. Then I lost it and the tears came. No major damage was done other than my face and pride as I had to retell my story several times including to the driver's ed teacher and highway patrolmen who were both in my ward. And no I was not wearing a seat belt. If I had it might have saved my face. Because of that first crash, new drivers scare me.

I will survive. Deep breaths. Lot of prayers.

No comments: