27 October 2014

Elder and Sister

Their mission has officially begun.

I have to admit that when my mom said they were getting ready to put their papers in, I was a little surprised that they had actually made the decision. And then when she told me they were waiting for their call to arrive, it just seemed surreal.

But the day has come. A couple of weeks in the MTC and then they're off to Christmas Island which is really in the middle of nowhere. I'm sure it will be an adventure; I'm sure it will be an adjustment. Milk is rumored to cost $30 a gallon so I'm not sure how my ice-cream-loving dad is going to handle that one.

At least for a couple of weeks they will be in the MTC and can come and go as they please somewhat. We're hoping to fit in a temple trip and possibly a family home evening. I'm so excited for them but will miss them like crazy. I'm hoping time will fly. This will just get me used to when my own brood of missionaries leave the nest.

No comments: