06 June 2014

End of school happenings

Birthdays: Kiersten's and Erik's both land at a crazy time of the year.


Kiersten's birthday landed on a Saturday and to celebrate, a couple of her friends came over for a sunrise morning hike and crepes for breakfast. Tyson had to leave and the girls stayed to curl Kiersten's hair. Our goal is to learn to curl hair. Neither of us is very good at it.



Erik always requests Breakfast Rolls for his birthday breakfast. And there are no complaints at our house since we all love them.

Notice the shirt? Oh. My. Word. It's not a t-shirt.

He actually agreed to let me take him shopping for some decent clothes . . . and he wears them. His friend Carl told him he was "swagalicious" in that shirt. Yeppers, I picked it out.
Awards assemblies: Much to my delight, the elementary did not hold any award assemblies. That was kind of nice. I was invited to Erik's where he received an award for getting a 4.0 all through junior high. He was one of 15 kids and only 1 of 3 boys to get it.
6th grade graduation: Yep. Nate's movin' on. I managed to get a picture of him with his friend Noah Lynes. I also got one of the two of them at kindergarten graduation. 

Soccer came to an end: Both Nate and Ash played this spring and even scored. I'm keepin' my fingers crossed that our fall Saturdays will be clear and free (even though soccer spans two seasons, we only allow our kids to play one sport a year/season).
Job application: I applied for a part-time job with the elementary school. So far nothing.

Fathers and sons camp out: This was Alex's first and boy was he excited. He's pretty much decided he's big. Except he would rather potty at home and held it the entire time. Reminded me of Son #2 who went off the cub scout camp and could not use the porta-potties or even go out in the woods. His wonderful scout leader, Paige, Lerdahl, packed him up in her car and took him down the canyon to a gas station for him to use.

After that I told Tyler his job was to teach his boys to use the great outdoors. Apparently Al's got some learnin' to do.

Friends: Ash has a friend from her class who is moving to Arizona. After Nate's graduation I was lucky enough to see them on the playground and get a picture on the last day of school.

We added a few more to our photo:
Well, no girl wants to be left out. Here come a few more:
At last. I think we have everyone. Ash needs to grow another foot at least. She doesn't quite "fit in" with that group.

No comments: