31 October 2013

Halloween

Today I felt like such a scrooge.

I just really don't like Halloween.

And I really don't like dressing up.

This is the extent of my costume . . . an orange shirt with a black shirt over it. I've at least got the right colors.
I don't even do costumes for my kids. I send them downstairs to the orange bucket and let them peruse through all the costumes I had as a kid. Isn't my mom nice to give me all that? I don't know how I got to be so lucky. I guess being the oldest has perks sometimes.

Erik came up with Alex's costume . . . a pumpkin pirate. I think I'm a little biased. He's by far the cutest pumpkin pirate I've ever seen.



Ash flew off in typical witch style like every year.

Nate traded in his ninja mask for a ski mask and became a robber instead.

Elder Leary, aka Erik, was such a hit at a trunk-or-treat several nights ago that Scott decided he wanted in on the action and they became a companionship. Elders Leary and Ruebush. Has a nice ring, doesn't it?

Kiersten was the candy goddess, although she sure had to be quick on her toes to beat Alex to the door.

I guess I don't mind Halloween if I have someone to take my kids door to door (Erik took Alex this year) and hand out the chocolate while I relax with my own cup of hot chocolate and a handful of my own miniature candy bars.

No comments: