04 July 2013

Alex's birthday interview

Four of my five kids are at grandma's for a few days longer, and we kidnapped Tanner this week to keep Alex company. We've been biking, hiking, napping, cookie making. They have occupied their evenings with the stream and splash pad and playing tractors.

Maybe they've spent too much time together . . . they're beginning to even dress alike.

About Alex: Every birthday since my kids were young, I've had them fill out a birthday questionnaire.

I did something a little different with Alex and videotaped him actually giving me the answers. This little boy has everyone wrapped around his finger. He is our entertainment, the love of all of our lives. We simply could not imagine our family without him.


Age: 3
Height: 35 1/2 inches
Weight: 29.8 pounds

Favorite book 
Froggy Goes to Bed and Sneetches

Favorite color 
Blue

Favorite song 
Follow the Prophet
(although I have to disagree; we all concur that it really is Sweet, Sweet Baby by Michelle Featherstone. When he was a newborn and I was looking at the hospital photos they had posted online, this was the song in the background and I fell in love with it immediately. I remember clearly sitting at my computer, watching the slideshow as I held Alex and song along to him. Every since then it's become his song. And he frequently requests that we play it for him. So I was a little surprised when he mentioned a different song.)

Favorite movie 
Winnie the Pooh and Ice Age

Favorite tv show 
Dinosaur Train

Favorite food 
Marshmallow Mateys, or really just the marshmallows

Favorite game 
Chess -- he loves to play anybody and will continually put his opponent in checkmate right from the start

Favorite toys 
Toy kitchen and dishes

Favorite place 
Outside

Close friends 
Ian, Tanner, and Logan -- all cousins

Hobbies 
Play computer games

What he wants to be when he grows up 
5

Personality 
Very mellow, obedient, loving

No comments: