30 November 2012

The Killers concert

I dare say that one of Tyler's favorite bands is The Killers, whose lead singer also happens to be a Mormon. One day I happened to see on Facebook that they were coming in concert to Orem and a thought popped into my head that Tyler might like to go.

So I decided to surprise him.

I got the tickets,

pinned them to his cork board in his office,

and the waiting began.

How long would they sit there before he noticed them?

Day one . . .

Day two . . .

Day three . . .

It's not like they are exactly hiding.
Day four . . . 

Day five . . .

Day six . . .

He finally discovered them.

Funny thing is that he looks directly at that board when he answers the phone.

He was pretty stoked about going. This was only his fourth concert ever and all four have been with me. Hmmmm, it must be me that likes concerts.

First: Counting Crows with his old college roommates
Second: Neil Diamond. Yes, I dragged him. He may not have enjoyed it so much, but I LOVED it! I am a Neil fan through and through.
Third: Jon Schmidt at Thanksgiving Point.
Fourth: The Killers

I guess it was payback time for me and the Neil Diamond concert. The Killers concert was fun and we had a great time, but I honestly didn't know many songs and part of going to a concert is being able to sing along. Tyler hinted that he would like to go to another one, so between now and then I guess I better brush up on my Killers music.


Brandon Flowers I Am a Mormon video

No comments: