23 December 2011

Christmas Newsletter 2011

Last December we moved into a new home and didn’t find time to do much Christmasy stuff other than unpack boxes and rearrange things.

This year we wanted you to know we are still
alive and well.

Tyler moved from house project to yard project this year. He attempted to tackle the entire acre in one season. I can’t speak for him, but I’m exhausted.

I (Missy) completed my first half marathon this summer and am looking forward to another one next year.

Kiersten became a guppy in the big pond and participated in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), almost achieving her goal of writing 50,000 words in a month. Maybe one day she’ll let me read it?

Erik has been involved with Lego League where he gets to play with legos and program robots. He thinks he might want to be an AWESOME engineer one day.

Nate mentioned the other day that he doesn’t want to ever go to juvie (juvenile detention). Now how did he know to call it that? He’s also my biggest assistant in the kitchen and competed in his first kid triathlon.

Ash has fully utilized the monkey bars in our yard. You should just see her hands – very gymnastical in appearance. Blisters abound.

Alex is loved, loved, and loved even more. He is our 18-month-old ball of energy who loves trains and organizing my spice cabinet.

No comments: