12 March 2010

A lemon kick

 I've been on a lemon kick this week. For my birthday the kids made me lemon poppy seed muffins. Actually, I reminded them Sunday that I was going out to breakfast with my friend who shares the same birthday. Kiersten burst into tears IMMEDIATELY and told me how they were going to surprise me with breakfast. We compromised and they made me the muffins and orange julius the day before. It was late start Monday for school so it worked out better anyway to give them more time in the kitchen without being late.

Wednesday night was our Relief Society birthday dinner which the kids thought was just an extension of my birthday which it kind of was since I didn't have to make dinner. Anyway I took a sip of what I thought was water, but it turned out to be sweeter with a lemony taste to it. I loved it enough to come home and find the recipe online.

Tonight I tried a new recipe for lemon bread. I've never made lemon bread and it turned out pretty yummy. However, since this was the only recipe I've tried and don't have anything to compare it to, I'll keep looking to see if there is a better recipe.

I also have a recipe for lemon cookies made with a lemon cake mix and cool whip. Interesting enough to try sometime.

And while I'm on the subject of birthdays, Tyler told the kids as I was folding their laundry, "You should really thank your mom for washing you stinky clothes on her birthday." Ash responded with, "Thanks mom for washing our clothes on your stinkin' birthday." That made my day.

Sweet Lemon Water
1 qt. hot water
2 cups sugar
1 T. citric acid
1 T. lemon concentrate

Mix this together and put in the fridge. When the mixture is cold, add 1 1/2 gallons of cold water and lemon slices.

1 comment:

mommaquincy said...

Happy late stinkin Birthday!