12 August 2008

New seven- mile tradition

3 mile run, 6 mile roller blade, 1 mile walk . . . in one day, and I feel great.

I got up yesterday morning and went for a run to break in my new shoes. I am n-e-v-e-r in the mood to run in the morning even though I absolutely l-o-v-e mornings. Evenings, maybe. I always coax myself out the door by telling myself that I'll just run a mile or so. I think the reason for never being excited for that morning run is my body is just not warmed up. My legs physically feel like lead, but a half mile into a run they feel fine and I always end up running farther than I first intended. So I took a new route and ran about 3 miles.

Our new when-we-don't-have-more-than-two-kids tradition is to roller blade on the Jordan River Parkway. The reason we only take two with us is we cannot fit more than 2 bikes or a bike and stroller in the van.

For several years we've wanted to roller blade from 7800 South to 5400 South and then walk up the road to Iceberg, because . . . they simply have the best fries and shakes. Yesterday was the day. Erik brought his bike, we put Ash in a jogging stroller (along with our shoes) and away we went. It's 3 miles along the parkway and about a mile up to Iceberg and back. What fun! My only complaint is I did not get my Lemon Custard shake. Do I need a second chance at that shake?

1 comment:

Angie said...

Yes, you need a second chance. Why didn't you come grab me? I would have gone with you. I guess I need to invest in a running stroller so I can keep up with the Learys!