11 May 2008

Mother's Day gifts



You can feel the love emanating from that photo, can't you? My new word for Ash: obstinate. Clearly from this picture she was refusing to smile and no amount of coaxing was going to change her mind.

Kiersten gave me a set of note cards to use for various occasions. This was something they made in school. I was very impressed her teacher put in so much effort.

Erik gave me a coupon for a free meal or salad at the McD's in Lake Point. 

Tyler gave me . . . a surprise. He's been into surprises lately, totally uncharacteristic of him. His Amazon box contained an hour glass that kept time for exactly an hour. We used it today to time the kids in cleaning up the kitchen after a Sunday dinner of steak and baked potatoes (can I just crow a wee bit . . . he makes a darn good steak).

Nate's present is still in hiding. All week long he would not allow me to look in his backpack. Finally he removed his present and hid it where I wouldn't find it. Well, neither can he now. Someday, Nate. Someday we'll find that present.

And the Jazz pulled off a win. Take that Kobe!

Who couldn't ask for a better Mother's Day other than constantly reminding my kids to put their stuff away or the DI Monster might just gobble it up never to be reclaimed and having a minute meltdown over lost homework (Yes, me, the mom had the meltdown. I've checked out of school. I did homework for 16 years and I'm through doing anymore this year.). I hope my mom had as good a day. She deserves it after putting up with the six of us and for still putting up with us. I know that only as a mother have I come to really appreciate the sacrifices she made for me. Happy Mother's Day to a wonderfully awesome mom!

No comments: