14 November 2007

Christmas wrapping

Yes, it is the 14th of November and I've finished wrapping 2/3 of Christmas. Now don't ooh and aah just yet. The situation is this year we are spending Christmas away and Santa will not find us all snuggled in our beds at home. So the enormity of trying to haul Christmas for 4 little people who still believe and not have them suspect a thing has been weighing on me. We could rent a trailer, but how do you explain the extra baggage we'll be towing. We could do Christmas before we leave or after we come back, but then what is Christmas without the anticipation of Christmas morning and opening gifts. Mom Claus is the answer. She's coming up for a wedding shower and I will simply hand over my load to her. So that necessitates all the early wrapping. But what a relief! Christmas done before Thanksgiving. I can hardly believe it myself. Somehow I suspect Santa may stash a rooftop carrier in his bag for the long haul home.

No comments: