24 June 2020

Quarantine Week 13

Hey guys. It was a productive week for me personally, not so good as far as missionary work goes though. Our one investigator had family in town all week and couldn't meet. But we did get a new mission leader and got to talk to him a little bit. This upcoming week we have a few member lessons plus a lesson scheduled with Barbara now that her family returned home. So it should be a good week. 

This week I spent tons of time in our yard. We have a house with an overgrown yard because I don't think missionaries in the past had time or cared enough to take care of it. But I borrowed a bunch of tools and went to town this week cleaning it up. I mowed, edged, pruned, weeded, and cleaned the driveway and back patio off. It's been a fun project. 

I also helped some other missionaries film and edit videos for our Facebook page. I've been really enjoying that too. 

On a more serious note though, things aren't all great. It's super tough being a missionary during this. It's hard finding motivation to do video calls and talking to people over Facebook when we're so used to doing things the old way. It's hard being stuck inside all day feeling like there's so much to be done outside talking to people. But I've been blessed with good mental health and I'm doing fine and trying to improve and adjust. But there are tons of missionaries struggling right now with different mental illnesses, either brought about by quarantine or intensified by it. There are lots that aren't fine. So please keep the missionaries in your prayers and be understanding with people that are struggling around you. 

Sorry that was a pretty big tone shift, but I was thinking about that all week because of some things happening over here and wanted to say something. I know quarantine won't last forever and I'm still hoping for things to return to normal soon. But for now we have to endure and make the most of the situation. 

Elder Leary

I took this picture from our backyard. We had a really bright sunset. 

Also we are now allowed to wear blue or white shirts with or without a tie. I'm not sure I'm a fan of the no tie though. 

No comments: