28 May 2018

Saying goodbye can be so hard

Last Sunday was seminary graduation which we did not attend because Erik had not completed his reading of the Book of Mormon which is a requirement for graduation (and to turn mission papers in).

And then this showed up at our house today.

I'm not sure what to make of it.

Wednesday was my last day at work and I got my own yearbook of sorts.

At our end of school luncheon the principal presented me with a book signed by a lot of the people who work at my building, many of whom I didn't even know. And then I was asked to give a few remarks. That was a little weird.

But oh how I am going to miss these ladies I work with (Mag, Danielle, and Shar) and our "bathroom therapy sessions." I truly grew to love them and their friendship. The trick is going to be how to maintain those friendships when we no longer work together. I am also going to miss the kids I worked with and grew to love immensely -- Marie and her happy nature, Tren and his infectious smile, Harry and his giggles, Jason and his thumbs up, Taylor and her love for music, Adam and his fist pumps on Fridays. Special needs kids will always have a special place in my heart. 

I also got to meet my little tribe of second graders and team members for next year. I am excited . . . and scared . . . and anxious . . . and nervous. I have so many things tumbling around in my brain about what I need to do to get ready for school. I even got a sneak peak at my classroom. 

Ash and I went DI shopping and had a grand time filling a cart full of books for my library.

Have I ever mentioned how much I love books? I do. I really do. I once had Ash start to take inventory of our own library at home. She got to over a 1000 books and quit. At the DI we ended up with 70 for $40. I call that a steal.

No comments: