11 December 2012

Resurrection and Regifting

This little boy loves trains. Getting caught in the electrical cord? Not so much.

You gotta love that we live right by a real train track with real trains that go by about 10 times a day. So yesterday I decided Alex needed to do something more with his time other than computer games, and I resurrected the old train sets. The only problem was I couldn't remember how to put together our motorized Thomas the Train track. We had combined two sets so I had no idea how many pieces it really needed or where they went.

This necessitated that our family (aka our children since they have the smarts)  figure the darn thing out for our family home evening activity.
And once they did we all concurred that we could sit there for hours watching Thomas and his friends haul coal around that little track.

Alex was so elated as he watched those trains do their business that I decided to regift it for Christmas. Ashlyn was all on board with that idea since she has Alex's name. She'll do the boxing and wrapping and I'll have one less gift to wrap myself.

I love when our old toys become new again.

No comments: