10 January 2009

Birds + Bees = Clueless

Linda emailed me the other day wanting to know the book we used to teach our kids about the birds and the bees. We decided age 8 is a good age to have "the talk." I gave Kiersten the talk shortly after she turned 8. With Erik I decided to wait a little longer but it has been on my mind for the past month or so and Linda's email helped facilitate some action.

So today was the day.

Ty took him on a "date." (I wanted to come along but Tyler didn't want to overwhelm him.) Later Ty told me how clueless he was about the whole thing. He said it hadn't even crossed his mind why girls and boys are different. Or where babies come from. Kiersten acted pretty much the same. I am glad we caught them early before they got that education elsewhere. I just hope they feel comfortable enough with Tyler and me to come to us if they have any questions. More than anything I'm grateful for clueless children and pray that I can keep them naive for as long as possible.

No comments: